Monday, January 6, 2014

15 Signs You Know You're a Mom to Girls

Santa brought me a $25 iTunes gift card.  So, naturally, I used it to download some songs from the movie Frozen.  I debated about buying the whole thing but I think I don't really want to listen to the instrumental songs.  I might even let the girls listen to my music! Ha! 

We saw this movie over Thanksgiving weekend with my niece, Georgia.  I took Lilly, Harper and Georgia by myself on the Friday of Thanksgiving weekend.  That was a doozie! The theater was packed and keeping Harper and Georgia walking in the same direction is like herding cats.  We found 4 seats in a row despite the 18,000 people crammed into the theater.  Of course, no movie theater experience is complete without buckets of popcorn and a trough of caffeine-free soda. Which resulted in a bathroom break for the little girls 10 minutes into the movie.   

I really enjoyed this movie and I dare say its my favorite Disney movie in many years.  Even better, it's about two sisters.  Sounds about right for this family! 

I love having three girls.  I wouldn't know any different.  Our world if full of pink, princesses, and ponytails.  So I thought it'd be fun to do a list of the 
15 Signs You Know You're a Mom of Girls. Even if you're the mom of only 1 girl, I bet you can relate to most of these! 

15 Signs You Know You're a Mom of Girls

15. Your children have more pairs of plastic high heels than you do real ones. Ditto for purses.
14. You have a large quantity of toys in various shades of pink and/or purple including, but not limited to, Legos, toy cars and trucks, bicycles, and garden tools.
13. The whining.
12. There's always someone in the bathroom (but rarely are they actually going potty).
11. Your husband can put hair into a ponytail, do a mean braid, and top it off with a hair bow.
10. You've got more naked Barbies and baby dolls than you do clothed.
9.  Hair ties, rubber bands, bobby pins and barrettes can be found in every room of your house-and sometimes outside.
8.  You've got 10 lip glosses in your purse in various fruity scents and shades and not one of them belongs to you.
7.  You know the names of all the Disney Princesses.
6.  The whining. Oh, the whining.
5.  You've considered pinning the crafts you do together on Pinterest-Rainbow Loom bracelets, shoelace necklaces, plastic stained-glass, cement patio stones…
4. It seems normal to repeat the question, "Did you wipe?" 18,000 times a day.
3. You never go anywhere without a little glitter (but not intentionally).
2. Your ears are tolerant of squeals and screams at the highest of decibels. 

 And the number 1 reason you know you're a mom to girls? You're constantly smothered with hugs, kisses, snuggles and love-and you wouldn't want it any other way.   
My girls: Lilly-6, Elliette-3 months, Harper-3  
Feel free to add your "signs" to the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment